Clinical Leadership in 2021 and Beyond: Well Self, Well Team, Well Organization (CMA Wellness Hosted Event)
Time: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
REGISTER ON CMA WEBSITE
This newly launched clinical leadership academy from CMA Wellness provides a new model of holistic wellness education, and it is set apart by its wellness-centered approach, interactive virtual sessions, individualized content and lectures tailored to small discussion groups.
The clinical leadership academy is a 10-week course that consists of 2-3 hours per week of on-demand curriculum, including readings, podcasts and videos. There are also biweekly, 2-hour virtual live sessions facilitated by wellness and leadership experts with an emphasis on active engagement and small group discussions.
The academy has been designed for clinical leaders, particularly physicians, and participants can expect to learn new strategies and practical applications on how best to:
- Assess and implement strategies for self-care, knowing that “well leaders lead well”
- Discover levels of wellness language that encourage mentoring, respect and humility
- Master leadership tools including productive conflict, empowerment and modeling
- Articulate unique talents and goals of team members to support their well-being
- Build and lead teams that value diversity, equity and inclusion
- Foster relationships that promote community
- Identify areas of change and create credible action plans, which can also produce inoculators to burnout (e.g., long-term motivation, teamwork and a shared vision)
- Implement CMA’s wellness model to improve patient care, quality, safety and satisfaction
Small group working sessions with faculty will drive learning objectives for each course, which will tie back to the overall course objectives.
- Leading Your Wellness (November 16, 2020)
- Leading Well Relationships (December 2, 2020)
- Leading Well Teams (December 16, 2020)
- Leading Well Organizations (January 6, 2021)
- Integration: Leading Well During COVID-19 or: Leading Well Careers (January 20, 2021)
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CMA and CMA Wellness.
CMA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. CMA designates this live activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Dave Logan, Ph.D.
- CEO, CMA Wellness
- Co-Founder, CultureSync
- Author, Tribal Leadership, The Three Laws of Performance, The Coaching Revolution and Re-Inventing Your Career; Co-author, The Best Medicine: A Physician’s Guide to Effective Leadership (Springer)
Marcia Nelson, M.D., MMM, FAAFP, FAAPL
- Chico Family Medicine Physician
- Chief Medical Officer, Enloe Medical Center
Tait Shanafelt, M.D.
- Chief Wellness Officer, Stanford University
- Associate Dean, Stanford University
- Stewart Ritchie Professor of Medicine, Stanford University
- Member, American College of Physicians Taskforce on Physician Well-being
- Member, National Academy of Medicine Committee, System Approaches to Support Clinician Well-Being
Teri L. Rhetta, M.D., MMM, APRN, FNP-C
- California Chief Medical Officer, WellCare Health Plans
- Former Chief resident, Internal Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Former Medical Director of Health Services, Inland Empire Health Plan
Ashleigh Rodriguez, MSN, MMM, APRN, FNP-C
- Advisor, CMA Wellness
- Director of Health Education and Population Health, Heritage Provider Network
Efrain Talamantes, M.D., MBA, MSc
- Chief Operating Officer, Health Services, AltaMed
- Designated Institutional Officer, Graduate Medical Education Committee, AltaMed
- Member, Executive Governance Leadership Committee, AltaMed
Mickey Trockel, M.D., Ph.D.
- Director of Evidence Based Innovation, Stanford WellMD Center
- Scientific Board Chair, Physician Wellness Academic Consortium
Shannon Udovic-Constant, M.D.
- San Francisco Pediatrician
- Vice Chair, CMA Board of Trustees
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco
- Member, The Permanente Medical Group Board